In 2015, Sonburst Communication was proud to announce the addition of aerial video to our existing video production capabilities. After the announcement, we were privileged to provide our aerial video services to many companies in the Omaha area and surrounding areas.
Recent projects include:
- Real estate showcases and building progress
- Aerial B-Roll footage for a large production company based in the Midwest
- Pictures used as featured images on real estate listings
- Demo reel content to be used for future projects
- Footage for construction projects and investor udpates
By working on these projects, we became quite experienced in the finer aspects of shooting this type of video. Below is a demo reel of some of the things we captured with our first drone. Many of these shots showcased our aerial video production capabilities in Omaha, but also provided a glimpse into some of the shots that we captured from surrounding areas like Iowa Missouri, and other parts of the Midwest.
How can aerial video set your business apart?
Capturing aerial video by using a small drone is unique in the fact that getting these shots used to require large, bulky equipment, like a helicopter or large crane boom, that cost thousands of dollars an hour to capture. However, it is much less expensive when using a drone.
In a world where customers are becoming more and more desensitized to ads as time goes on, incorporating aerial video into your message can help your message stand out and truly capture the attention of customers.
A few practical applications for your business include:
- Real estate: Want to really catch a buyer’s eye? Capture video or photographs from the air and showcase your property like never before. Getting these photos is also a great way to showcase acreages, properties with large amounts of land, and roofs that normally you wouldn’t otherwise be able to show a potential buyer
- Construction projects: Showcasing construction of a project is a great way to showcase your progress and give a unique perspective on updates that may otherwise seem mundane
- Schools: Want to feature cutting edge facilities and draw the interest of potential students, but just don’t know how to make it interesting? Get that edge you are looking for by incorporating aerial video into your next recruiting reel and truly capture the attention of future students
- Many more… the applications are endless!
At Sonburst Communication, we understand this need and are taking steps to meet customer demand for such services.
New addition to the fleet
After getting quite a bit of practice with our smaller rig, we are proud to announce that we have acquired access to an even larger rig with even more capabilities. These expanded capabilities will not only allow us more control and maneuverability, but also allows us to capture shots that are even more breathtaking than before. This is no toy, but rather a professional filmmaking machine.
So how does this benefit our clients? The addition of a larger, more advanced drone unlocks many capabilities that we couldn’t offer before. We’ve outlined these capabilities in added detail below:
As you can see, the purchase of our new drone expands our capabilities and adds loads of features that were previously unavailable to us.
Clocking in at 8 pounds and sitting at a whopping 1.5 feet wide, this drone is much larger than our first. This rig can be controlled by 2 operators; one controls the drone and the other controls the camera. The new unit has a flight time of 22 minutes, and links to GPS so you can be sure that the shots are stable, even in the most testing conditions.
The camera itself shoots 4k video through a micro 4:3 lens, and is stabilized by a 3-axis gimbal. Need a still photo? Not a problem with the 16MP camera! Not only can the unit take beautiful video, but it also downlinks it to our screens in full live, wirelss 720p HD streaming to our iPads where we can control the camera settings without even having to bring the unit down.
Whether you are looking to shoot some basic flyovers, or produce a full-blown aerial reel, Sonburst Communication has the right tools to handle the project. We hope that by expanding out aerial services, we can unlock many more possibilities in the market, and partner with even more companies for future video projects. Have a project in mind? Give us a call at (402) 333-7620 or shoot us your idea through our contact form.